The Red Head Rummynose Tetra (Hemigrammus bleheri) is a small freshwater fish native to South America, specifically the Amazon Basin. They are known for their distinctive red nose, which is contrasted by a silver body and flag tail. The Red Head Rummynose Tetra
(Hemigrammus bleheri) red coloration is very vibrant and travels past the gill plate compared to the more common Rummynose Tetra (Hemigrammus rhodostomus) there the red is more dull and only remains on the tip of the fishs' head. Rummynose tetras are a popular choice for community aquariums due to their peaceful temperament and active schooling behavior. They prefer planted tanks with dim lighting and a soft substrate, as well as a peaceful environment with other small fish.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1.5"
- Origin: South America
- Max size: 2 inches (5 cm)
- Recommended tank size: 10 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 75-82°F (24-28°C)
- Temperament: peaceful, shoaling fish
- Diet: omnivorous, primarily eats small live or frozen foods, but can also accept high-quality flake or pellet food
- Life span: 3-5 years