The Peacock Eel (Macrognathus siamensis), also known as the Spiny Eel or Leopard Eel, is a unique and interesting freshwater fish species. It originates from Southeast Asia, specifically Thailand and Cambodia, where it inhabits slow-moving rivers, streams, and marshy areas. The Peacock Eel gets its name from the vibrant and eye-catching pattern resembling the feathers of a peacock. They are most active at night but will come out when food is present.
- SOLD SIZE: 3"-4"
- Origin: Southeast Asia (Thailand, Cambodia)
- Max size: 12-16 inches
- Recommended tank size: Minimum 30 gallons
- Water temperature: 75-82°F
- Temperament: Generally peaceful, but can be territorial
- Diet: Carnivorous, primarily feeds on small invertebrates and meaty foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, and small fish.
- Lifespan: 8-10 years