Lamprologus signatus is a small freshwater fish species native to Lake Tanganyika in Africa. They have a slender and elongated body with a light grey base color and black vertical stripes on the males. Lamprologus Signatus will often create "nests" in the sand to dwell in. These fish prefer an aquarium setup that mimics their natural habitat, with plenty of rocks, caves, and sandy substrate.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1.25"
- Origin: Lake Tanganyika, Africa
- Max size: 3 inches
- Recommended tank size: 20 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 75-80°F
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Diet: Carnivorous; feed a variety of high-quality flakes, pellets, and live or frozen foods such as brine shrimp, krill, and small pieces of fish or shrimp.
- Life span: 5-8 years