The Harlequin Rasbora (Rasbora heteromorpha) is a popular and peaceful freshwater fish known for its striking colors and schooling behavior. It is native to Southeast Asia, particularly Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore. These rasboras are social and should be kept in schools of at least six individuals. In a larger group, they will display more natural and active behavior. They are peaceful fish and can coexist with other small, non-aggressive species that share similar water parameters. However, they may become stressed if kept with larger or aggressive tankmates.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1"
- Origin: Southeast Asia (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore)
- Max size: Around 2 inches
- Recommended tank size: Minimum 10 gallons for a small group, larger for a larger school
- Water temperature: 72-79°F
- Temperament: Peaceful, schooling
- Diet: Omnivorous. They accept a variety of foods, including high-quality flakes, pellets, frozen or live foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Lifespan: 3-5 years