The Malawi Sand Diver (Fossorochromis Rostratus) is a large, predatory cichlid native to Lake Malawi in Africa. They have elongated bodies and a pointed snout, with a greyish-black coloration and darker stripes along their sides with vibrant blue coloration along its back. In the wild, they inhabit sandy areas of the lake and use their snouts to dig burrows in the substrate. In the aquarium, they prefer a similar setup with a sandy substrate and some rocky hiding places. They are generally aggressive towards other fish and should be kept with other large, aggressive cichlids.
- SOLD SIZE: xL 9"-10"
- Origin: Lake Malawi in Africa
- Max size: Up to 12 inches (30 cm)
- Recommended tank size: 125 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 75-82°F (24-28°C)
- Temperament: Aggressive
- Diet: Carnivorous - feed a variety of meaty foods including pellets, flakes, and frozen or live foods such as shrimp, krill, and worms.
- Life span: Up to 10 years