The Endlicheri Bichir (Polypterus Endlicheri) is a freshwater fish native to Africa's Congo River basin, with an elongated body covered in thick scales and a dorsal fin running the length of its body. It has the unique ability to breathe air and can survive in low-oxygen environments. It grows up to 24 inches long and lives up to 15 years. The Endlicheri Bichir feeds on small aquatic organisms and can be aggressive towards other fish.
- SOLD SIZE: 2.5”-3.5”
- Origin: Africa's Congo River basin
- Max size: Up to 24 inches (60 cm) in length
- Recommended tank size: Minimum of 150 gallons
- Water temperature: 75-82°F (24-28°C)
- Temperament: Can be aggressive towards other fish, should be kept with compatible species.
- Diet: Carnivorous, feeds on small fish, insects, crustaceans, and other small aquatic organisms. Will accept frozen foods.