The Emperor Tetra (Nematobrycon palmeri) is a popular freshwater fish in the aquarium hobby. It is known for its striking reddish brown coloration, with a silver body and a black stripe running horizontally across its body. They prefer a planted aquarium with dim lighting and plenty of hiding spaces. Emperor tetras are schooling fish and should be kept in groups of at least six individuals. They are generally peaceful and can coexist with other non-aggressive species.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1.25"
- Origin: South America
- Max size: 2 inches (5 cm)
- Recommended tank size: 20 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 73-82°F (23-28°C)
- Temperament: Peaceful, schooling
- Diet: Omnivorous, prefers live or frozen foods but will also accept high-quality flakes and pellets
- Lifespan: 3-5 years