Otocinclus Caxarari (Otocinclus caxarari) is a small catfish species that is popular in freshwater aquariums. They have a slender, elongated body with a light coloration and small black spots, compared to the common Otocinclus that has a grey body coloration Their eyes are large and their mouth is small, and they have a sucker-like mouth to attach themselves to surfaces. Otocinclus Caxarari are peaceful and prefer to be kept in groups, making them a great addition to a community tank. They are generally active during the day and will spend most of their time on the bottom of the tank.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1"
- Origin: Amazon River Basin
- Max size in inches: 1.5 inches (4 cm)
- Recommended tank size in gallons: at least 10 gallons
- Water temperature: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- Temperament: peaceful and social
- Diet: herbivorous, mainly eating algae and plant matter
- Lifespan: up to 3 years