The Dojo Loach (Misgurnus anguillicaudatus), also known as the Weather Loach, is a fascinating freshwater fish that hails from East Asia. It has an elongated and slender brown or grey body sometimes with black spots. This species is known for its unique ability to detect changes in atmospheric pressure, which prompts its behavior, hence the name "Weather Loach." Dojo Loaches prefer a well-decorated aquarium with plenty of hiding spots, such as caves, plants, and rocks. Origin: East Asia
- SOLD SIZE: 3"-3.5"
- Origin: East Asia
- Max size: 6-10 inches (15-25 cm)
- Recommended tank size: A tank of at least 20 gallons or larger is recommended for a single Dojo Loach, but they do best in groups, so a larger tank is ideal.
- Water temperature: 68-77°F (20-25°C)
- Temperament: Generally peaceful and social, Dojo Loaches are compatible with a variety of community fish.
- Diet: They are omnivorous and will accept a range of foods, including high-quality sinking pellets, live or frozen foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp, and vegetable matter.
- Life span: With proper care, Dojo Loaches can live for 10-15 years or more.