The Cupido Cichlid (Biotodoma cupido), also known as Cupid Cichlid, is a beautiful and relatively peaceful cichlid species found in the rivers and streams of South America, particularly in the Amazon basin. Their coloration can vary, but they often display shades of orange, yellow, and brown with intricate patterns. Cupido Cichlids prefer a well-decorated aquarium with plenty of hiding spots, such as driftwood, rocks, and caves, that mimic their natural habitat.
- SOLD SIZE: about 2"
- Origin: Rivers and streams of South America, particularly in the Amazon basin
- Max size: Up to 6-7 inches (15-18 cm)
- Recommended tank size: A tank of at least 50 gallons or larger is recommended to provide ample swimming space.
- Water temperature: 75-82°F (24-28°C)
- Temperament: Generally peaceful, but can become territorial during breeding or when defending their territory.
- Diet: Cupid Cichlids are omnivorous and can be fed a varied diet consisting of high-quality cichlid pellets, frozen or live foods like brine shrimp, bloodworms, and vegetable matter.
- Life span: With proper care, they can live for 5-8 years or more.