C046 Corydora Kanei, also known as Kane's Corydora, is a small freshwater catfish species native to South America. They have a silver-colored body with black spots and speckles with a black band over their eyes. These catfish are popular for their peaceful nature and social behavior, often seen in groups in the aquarium. They prefer well-planted tanks with soft substrates and hiding spots like caves or driftwood. Corydora kanei are also known to be active during the day and feed on a variety of foods.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1"
- Origin: South America, specifically the upper Amazon Basin in Peru.
- Max size: 2 inches (5 centimeters) in length.
- Recommended tank size: At least 20 gallons (76 liters) for a small group
- Water temperature: 72-78°F (22-26°C).
- Temperament: Peaceful and social, best kept in groups of 3-6 individuals.
- Diet: Omnivorous, and will thrive on a varied diet including high-quality pellets, frozen or live foods such as bloodworms or brine shrimp, and vegetables such as blanched zucchini or spinach.
- Life span: Up to 5 years in proper care.