The Blue Banded Bush Fish (Microctenopoma fasciolatum) is a small freshwater species native to West Africa. They have a unique appearance with blue and black vertical bands on their body and fins. Blue Banded Bush Fish prefer a heavily planted aquarium with plenty of hiding places, such as rocks, caves, and driftwood. They are peaceful fish but can be territorial with their own kind, and should be kept in a small group of 3-4.
- SOLD SIZE: 1.5"-2"
- Origin: West Africa
- Max size: 3-4 inches
- Recommended tank size: Minimum 20-gallon tank
- Water temperature: 72-82°F
- Temperament: Peaceful but can be territorial with their own kind
- Diet: Carnivorous, including live or frozen foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, and small insects
- Life span: Up to 5 years in captivity