Neocardina Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi) is a small freshwater shrimp species native to Asia. They come in a variety of colors, prefer a heavily planted aquarium with hiding places, and can grow up to 1-2 inches in length. They are peaceful scavengers that feed on algae, biofilm, and detritus, and require a varied diet consisting of algae wafers, blanched vegetables, and protein-rich foods. Can be targeted by larger carnivorous fish.
- COLAR VARIANT: STANDARD RED
- SOLD SIZE: >1"
- Origin: Asia
- Max size: 1 inch
- Recommended tank size: At least 5 gallons
- Water temperature: 68-78°F
- Temperament: Peaceful and can be kept with non-aggressive fish and invertebrates
- Diet: Omnivorous, including algae wafers, blanched vegetables, and protein-rich foods
- Life span: Up to 2-3 years in captivity