The Black Arowana (Osteoglossum ferreirai) is a magnificent fish with a long, streamlined body and striking black fins. They have a large "draw bridge" like mouth which they use to capture prey. Black Arowanas prefer aquariums with plenty ample swimming area, especially near the top of the tank where they will spend a majority of their time. They are solitary fish and can be quite aggressive towards their own kind, as well as other fish species.
- SOLD SIZE: 3"-4"
- Origin: South America, specifically the Amazon River basin
- Max size: Up to 3 feet in length
- Recommended tank size: A minimum of 250 gallons for juveniles, and 500 gallons or more for adults
- Water temperature: 75-82°F
- Temperament: Aggressive
- Diet: Carnivorous, mainly live foods such as fish, shrimp, and insects
- Lifespan: Up to 10-20 years with proper care