The Schwartzi Corydora (Corydoras schwartzi) is a small freshwater fish originating from South America. It has a compact, humpback like body that is white with a black spots or stripes. The Schwartzi Corydora prefers a planted aquarium with plenty of hiding spots and a soft substrate. It is a peaceful fish that does well in groups and can be kept with other non-aggressive species. They are bottom-dwellers and will spend most of their time scavenging for food.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1"
- Origin: South America (Brazil, Peru, and Ecuador)
- Max size: Up to 2.5 inches (6.5 cm)
- Recommended tank size: Minimum 20 gallons for a small group
- Water temperature: 72-79°F (22-26°C)
- Temperament: Peaceful and social, should be kept in groups of at least 6
- Diet: Omnivorous, will eat a variety of foods including pellets, flakes, and frozen or live foods such as brine shrimp and bloodworms
- Lifespan: Up to 5 years