***Coloration and patterning may vary***
The Discus (Symphysodon sp.) is a popular freshwater aquarium fish known for its beautiful colors and unique round shape. Discus fish have a flat body with a high dorsal fin and large, rounded anal and pectoral fins. They come in a range of colors including blue, green, brown, and red, and can have patterns and stripes as well. These fish prefer heavily planted aquariums with plenty of hiding spots and driftwood. They are peaceful fish and do well in groups, but can be somewhat shy and require a peaceful environment to thrive.
The Red Alenquer Discus is a nice dark brick red with vibrant blue patterning on its fins and body.
- SOLD SIZE:3"-3.5"
- Origin: South America
- Max size: 8 inches
- Recommended tank size: 55 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 82-86°F (27-30°C)
- Temperament: Peaceful, but can be shy and require a peaceful environment to thrive
- Diet: Omnivorous, feeding on both flake and pellet food as well as live or frozen brine shrimp, bloodworms, and other small invertebrates
- Life span: Up to 10 years with proper care