The Livingstoni Cichlid (Nimbochromis livingstoni) is a species of cichlid native to Lake Malawi in Africa. They are known for their impressive size and striking appearance, making them a popular choice for cichlid enthusiasts. Here are some key details about this species:
- SOLD SIZE: 3"-4"
- Origin: Lake Malawi, Africa
- Max size: Up to 10-12 inches (males are typically larger)
- Recommended tank size: 75 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 75-82°F
- Temperament: Aggressive
- Preferred decor: Provide plenty of rocks and caves for territorial establishment. They also appreciate sandy substrates.
- Behavior: Aggressive nature, especially towards other fish of similar size and coloration. They are ambush predators and will often lie in wait for their prey.
- Diet: They are carnivorous and should be fed a varied diet consisting of high-quality pellets, flakes, and occasional live or frozen foods like brine shrimp, bloodworms, or small fish.
- Lifespan: 8-10 years