***Coloration and Patterns may vary.***
The Chili Red Oscar (Astronotus ocellatus) is a unique-looking freshwater fish with a white or pinkish body with a large amount of orange or red coloration along its sides. The "A" grading comes from the intensity of the red coloration and the unique and desirable patterns and individual displays. They can grow up to 14 inches (35 cm) in length and require a tank of at least 125 gallons (473 liters) with other fish of similar size and temperament. They are omnivores and should be fed high-quality pellets, flakes, and supplemented with live or frozen foods. With proper care, they can live up to 10-12 years. They are one of the most popular fish in the hobby.
- SOLD SIZE: 5"-6.5"
- Origin: South America
- Max Size: Up to 14 inches (35 cm)
- Recommended Tank Size: Minimum of 125 gallons (473 liters)
- Water Temperature: 75-81°F (24-27°C)
- Temperament: Generally peaceful but can be aggressive towards smaller fish
- Diet: Omnivores - high-quality pellets, flakes, supplemented with live or frozen foods such as earthworms, shrimp, or crickets
- Life Span: Up to 10-12 years