The Red Eye Sumatran Puffer (Carinotetraodon irrubesco) is a small and fascinating freshwater fish known for its vibrant coloration and unique behavior. It belongs to the family Tetraodontidae and is native to Southeast Asia, specifically Thailand and Cambodia.
Dwarf Red Eye Puffers are named for their vibrant red eyes, which contrast beautifully with their olive-green body. They have a unique ability to puff up their bodies when threatened or stressed, making them even more intriguing to observe. These puffers prefer a well-planted aquarium with hiding spots and ample swimming space. The addition of driftwood, rocks, and caves can provide them with suitable hiding places and territories.
- SOLD SIZE: 1"-1.25"
- Origin: Thailand, Cambodia
- Max size: Around 1.5 inches
- Recommended tank size: Minimum 10 gallons for a single specimen, larger for a group
- Water temperature: 74-78°F
- Temperament: Semi-aggressive
- Diet: Carnivorous. They have a strong preference for live and frozen foods such as bloodworms, brine shrimp, and small snails. Offer a varied diet to ensure proper nutrition.
- Lifespan: 3-5 years