***PAIR 1 MALE, 1 FEMALE***
The Dragon Blood Peacock (Aulonocara sp.) is a freshwater fish species that belongs to the Cichlid family. It is named after its vibrant red coloration, which is reminiscent of the mythical dragon's blood. The males are more colorful than the females and have pointed dorsal and anal fins. They prefer a well-decorated aquarium with plenty of hiding places and subdued lighting. Dragon Blood Peacocks should other cichlids of similar size and temperament.
- Origin: Lake Malawi, Africa
- Max size: 6 inches (15 cm)
- Recommended tank size: 55 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 76-82°F (24-28°C)
- Temperament: Semi-agressive
- Diet: Omnivorous, with a preference for meaty foods such as brine shrimp, bloodworms, and high-quality cichlid pellets
- Lifespan: Up to 5 years with proper care.