The Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi) is a small and peaceful freshwater fish that is popular among aquarists. It is known for its bright blue and red coloration along their entire body, which is most vivid in well-lit aquariums. Cardinal Tetras prefer heavily planted tanks with plenty of hiding places, as well as dark substrate to help bring out their colors. They are generally peaceful and do well in community tanks with other small, non-aggressive fish. The Cardinal Tetra is a schooling fish and should be kept in groups of at least 6-8 individuals.
- SOLD SIZE: about 1"
- Origin: South America (Amazon River)
- Max size: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
- Recommended tank size: 10 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 72-82°F (22-28°C)
- Temperament: peaceful, shoaling
- Diet: omnivorous, small live/frozen foods, and high-quality flakes/pellets
- Life span: up to 5 years