The Congo Tetra (Phenacogrammus interruptus) is a popular freshwater fish among aquarists. Its distinctive feature is its bright blue and red colors. These individuals are displaying the ablino trait, having a platinum like body coloration. The males traditionally, have a larger and more colorful tail than females. They prefer a well-planted aquarium with driftwood and rocks to hide. These fish are peaceful and active swimmers, often seen in shoals.
- SOLD SIZE: About 1.5"
- Origin: Congo River Basin in Central Africa
- Max size in inches: 3 inches
- Recommended tank size in gallons: 30 gallons or larger
- Water temperature: 74-82°F
- Temperament: Peaceful and social, can be kept with other non-aggressive fish
- Diet: Omnivorous, will accept flake and pellet food as well as live and frozen food
- Life span: Up to 5 years with proper care